Friday 6 April 2012

Inspired by Tamara Lempicka


(Two pages of my work from my school GCSE Art book)



This is my two page spread of an artist called Tamara Lempicka. I thought that I would challenge myself to something more harder and detailed. When I came across this artist that went under the topic of cubism, which I am doing now, I thought I would challenge my drawing ability. Once I was confident with that, I drew myself (bottom left) in the style of Lempicka's work. I chose a picture that looks similar in ways to Lempicka's. My face is facing the same direction as the lady to the right. I did my hair to look the same as the picture on the right. I also did the same piece using acrylic paints (top right)

My drawings may not be perfect compared to others, but with more practice, I will improve. 






No comments: