Thursday 3 May 2012

Graffiti Inspired


I was inspired by a graffiti piece of artwork I found on Google when doing research. Although my piece is not a graffiti piece, i was inspired by the bright colours, the hair and the contrast between the face and the hair. I took my face from the previous artwork I have done, under 'Inspired by Tamara Lempicka' and used it for this piece. I used bright colours to contrast with the black background and the shaded face. I made this piece to be a composition. It has a combination of words (which describe me), colours, shapes and media. I have used acrylic pains, colours paper, black ink pen, mod rock, water based paints, sprinkles (again, to experiment with my use of materials. 

The steps to how I done this are below. (Sorry for the terrible layout, Im still getting used to this :p )






 
Here is just the basic shaded face and line drawing of the picture. 




The next step was adding the patterns n the bottom right and the words.




After that, I painted the shapes in a rainbow with each colour fading into each other. 






I then used black  ink pen to fill in the words and i pained the blue wave looking shape with acrylic paints. I  made it have lighter and darker tones.

I used mod rock then painted it using water based paints again in a rainbow in the same colours as the bottom bit. 
I cut up coloured paper and randomly stuck it on and used the black pen to fill in the background.








For the second to last step, I painted all the last shaped in different colours and ave them lighter and darker tones. (Yes I do love painting with acrylics :)..)






No comments: